You can apply for a Tier 5 Seasonal Worker visa if you want to come to the UK for up to 6 months to do farm work. You’ll need to:
- have a sponsor
- be from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland
- meet the other eligibility requirements
How long it will take
The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before the date you’re due to start work. This date is on your certificate of sponsorship.
You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.
Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in your country.
The visa costs £244.
How long you can stay
You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
You can enter the UK up to 14 days before the start date of your job.
What you can and cannot do
- work in the job described in your certificate of sponsorship
- study (for some courses you’ll need an Academic Technology Approval Scheme certificate)
- take a permanent job
- work in a second job or a job that isn’t described in your certificate of sponsorship
- get public funds
- bring family members with you